In Bahrain, cop dies from burns in April attack
Manama: Bahrain`s government says a policeman has died from burns suffered six months ago in clashes with anti-government protesters in the violence-battered Gulf nation.
He is the second Bahraini policeman to die in the past week.
Anti-government factions have increasingly used homemade firebombs and explosives against security forces. More than 50 people have been killed in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011, when Shi’ite-led demonstrators began a renewed uprising for a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled kingdom.
A government statement on Friday said the policeman was receiving treatment outside Bahrain when he died a day earlier. He was injured in April in what authorities call a "domestic terror attack”.
Last week, a policeman died from a firebomb attack and explosion.
Bahrain hosts the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row