In Bahrain, cop dies from burns in April attack
Manama: Bahrain`s government says a policeman has died from burns suffered six months ago in clashes with anti-government protesters in the violence-battered Gulf nation.
He is the second Bahraini policeman to die in the past week.
Anti-government factions have increasingly used homemade firebombs and explosives against security forces. More than 50 people have been killed in Bahrain`s unrest since February 2011, when Shi’ite-led demonstrators began a renewed uprising for a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled kingdom.
A government statement on Friday said the policeman was receiving treatment outside Bahrain when he died a day earlier. He was injured in April in what authorities call a "domestic terror attack”.
Last week, a policeman died from a firebomb attack and explosion.
Bahrain hosts the US Navy`s 5th Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened