In China, 36 killed in fire accidents during New Year
Beijing: At least 36 people were killed and 11 injured in fire accidents across China during the week-long Lunar New Year festivities.
About 6,597 fires broke out from February 09-15, leaving 36 people dead and 11 injured, the fire department of the Ministry of Public Security said in a statement on Friday.
The fires caused property losses of CNY 58 million (USD 9.2 million) during the seven-day Spring Festival holiday, said the statement.
People all over China burst fire crackers to celebrate the New Year.
In accordance with an action plan of ministry, 170,000 firefighters were placed on guard nationwide to ensure a safe festive period for the traditional Chinese Lunar New Year, state-run Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state