In Kenya, 28 killed in clash
Mombasa: At least 28 people have been killed in a clash between two communities in Kenya`s Tana river region, an official said.
Regional deputy police commander Robert Kitur confirmed the Friday attack between the warring Pokomo and Orma communities who have been feuding over pasture in southeast Kenya.
"We have reports that a village was attacked in a Kipao village and several people have lost their lives," Kitur told Xinhua by telephone on Friday.
"A team has been dispatched to the area to collect more information on the number of those killed. We have information that the attack took place this morning at around 5 am," Kitur added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH