In Kenya, 28 killed in clash
Mombasa: At least 28 people have been killed in a clash between two communities in Kenya`s Tana river region, an official said.
Regional deputy police commander Robert Kitur confirmed the Friday attack between the warring Pokomo and Orma communities who have been feuding over pasture in southeast Kenya.
"We have reports that a village was attacked in a Kipao village and several people have lost their lives," Kitur told Xinhua by telephone on Friday.
"A team has been dispatched to the area to collect more information on the number of those killed. We have information that the attack took place this morning at around 5 am," Kitur added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees