In Kenya, 28 killed in clash
Mombasa: At least 28 people have been killed in a clash between two communities in Kenya`s Tana river region, an official said.
Regional deputy police commander Robert Kitur confirmed the Friday attack between the warring Pokomo and Orma communities who have been feuding over pasture in southeast Kenya.
"We have reports that a village was attacked in a Kipao village and several people have lost their lives," Kitur told Xinhua by telephone on Friday.
"A team has been dispatched to the area to collect more information on the number of those killed. We have information that the attack took place this morning at around 5 am," Kitur added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre