In letter to Obama, Iran President Rouhani offers his views
Tehran: Iran`s foreign ministry says the letter exchange between Washington and Tehran included White House`s congratulations on the election of Iran`s new moderate-leaning president.
Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham also told reporters in Tehran today that Iranian President Hasan Rouhani expressed his views on "various subjects" in response to President Barrack Obama`s letter.
She gave no further details.
Iran first announced the exchange last week. It was confirmed by Obama in a US interview broadcast Sunday.
The letters are viewed as possible overtures at greater contacts between to two foes or even initial moves toward direct talks in the future.
Rouhani plans to attend the UN General Assembly in New York later this month, raising speculation about possible contacts with US officials.
However, Afkham said no meetings are on the agenda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list