In memoirs, ex-Israeli PM regrets failure of talks
Jerusalem: Former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert says Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas made a "historic mistake" by rebuffing a peace offer made during negotiations in 2008.
Excerpts from an upcoming memoir by Olmert were published on Friday in the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot.
They come days after the Arabic TV station Al-Jazeera released confidential documents about concessions the Palestinians were prepared to make in the same negotiations.
Olmert says he offered Abbas a Palestinian state in the West Bank, east Jerusalem and Gaza. Israel would have annexed 6.3 percent of the West Bank and given the Palestinians an equivalent amount of land inside Israel.
According to Olmert`s memoir, Abbas said he "needed time”, but the two didn`t meet again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama