Inaction over Syria a ‘stain’ on UN: US envoy Susan Rice
United Nations: Outgoing US Ambassador Susan Rice says the UN Security Council`s failure to take action to stop the conflict in Syria is "a moral and strategic disgrace that history will judge harshly."
She said at her final news conference yesterday before starting her new job as US national security adviser on July 1 that the paralysis of the UN`s most important body is "a stain" on the council that she will regret forever even though she maintained that the US and its allies were not responsible.
Rice blamed three double vetoes by Russia and China of resolutions aimed at pressuring Syria`s President Bashar Assad to end the violence, even though they didn`t contain sanctions.
She expressed hope that the Syrian people will ultimately be able to chart their own future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'
- So you think you know English perfectly? Try this quiz
- Congress move to corner Amitabh Bachchan ''utter hypocrisy'': Subramanian Swamy
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya