India 2nd largest supplier of overseas students for Australia
Melbourne: India has emerged as the second largest supplier of higher education students for Australian universities, according to latest data.
Indian students to undertake higher education in Australia have witnessed growth this year with total enrolments reaching over 15,800 during the period of January-October as compared to 12,062 last year.
The data indicated that even if the total enrolments dropped, India emerged as the second top supplier of international students for Australia.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) was the sector that saw an overall drop in total enrolments from India as well China, the topmost supplier of overseas students for Australia.
From India, while the total enrolments in VET fell to 27,581 as compared to 37,922 recorded last year, the commencements dropped to 13,262 from 17,451 last period.
From China, VET enrolments fell to 13,709 this year from 15,378 last January-October period.
The top five source countries for students studying in Australia are China (29.7 per cent), India (9.2), Korea (5.3), Vietnam (4.8) and Malaysia (4.7).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video