India 2nd largest supplier of overseas students for Australia
Melbourne: India has emerged as the second largest supplier of higher education students for Australian universities, according to latest data.
Indian students to undertake higher education in Australia have witnessed growth this year with total enrolments reaching over 15,800 during the period of January-October as compared to 12,062 last year.
The data indicated that even if the total enrolments dropped, India emerged as the second top supplier of international students for Australia.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) was the sector that saw an overall drop in total enrolments from India as well China, the topmost supplier of overseas students for Australia.
From India, while the total enrolments in VET fell to 27,581 as compared to 37,922 recorded last year, the commencements dropped to 13,262 from 17,451 last period.
From China, VET enrolments fell to 13,709 this year from 15,378 last January-October period.
The top five source countries for students studying in Australia are China (29.7 per cent), India (9.2), Korea (5.3), Vietnam (4.8) and Malaysia (4.7).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair