`India, China fighting for jobs of the future`
Washington: US President Barack
Obama said that America will not settle for the second place
in the international community when other countries like
India, China, Germany and South Korea are competing and
fighting for the jobs of the future.
"Other countries that are out there, they are
competing; they are fighting for the jobs of the future. India
China, Germany, South Korea. Let me tell you, the United
States of America does not play for second place. We play for
first place," Obama said while addressing an election campaign
He said that the US was going to rebuild its economy
and rebuild it better and stronger than it was before.
"At the heart of that strategy will be three powerful
words: `Made in America.` We are going to make things right
here in the United States of America and sell them all around
the world," he said.
The President asked the people to choose between the
policies that encourage job creation in the US and policies
that encourage job creation someplace else in this election.
"So instead of giving tax breaks to companies that
ship jobs overseas, we want to cut taxes for small-business
owners who create jobs right here in the United States of
America," Obama said.
The US President said his administration wants to
jump-start a homegrown clean-energy industry.
"I don`t want to see new solar panels and wind
turbines and electric cars manufactured someplace else. I want
to see them stamped with `Made in America,` by American
workers," he said amidst a round an applause.
Obama said the US is investing in a 21st-century
infrastructure, not just new roads and bridges, but faster
Internet access and high-speed railroads, projects that can
lead to hundreds of thousands of new private-sector jobs.
"These ideas shouldn`t be Democratic or Republican
ideas; they are commonsense ideas. Yet, most of the
Republicans in Congress voted no on just about every one of
"You remember when I was running, we had a little
slogan, `Yes, We Can`? These guys` slogan is, `No, We Can`t.`
No, on closing loopholes for companies that ship jobs
overseas. No, on the tax cuts for small businesses. No, on the
clean-energy jobs. No, on the railroad and highway projects,"
Obama said the America he believe in, that always
moves forward, rewards hard work instead of greed, rewards
responsibility instead of recklessness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly