India, Pak, Iran should support US in Afghanistan: Pentagon
Washington: Recognising India as an important regional player, the US says it needs cooperation from it along with Pakistan and Iran to "turn around" the situation in the war ravaged Afghanistan.
New Delhi has a strong relationship with the government of Afghanistan, a country that is in desperate need of financial investment, Pentagon spokesman Goeff Morrell, said. "India has provided a lot of that, and that is clearly needed."
"So we need help from India. We need help from Pakistan. We need a much more positive role being played by Iran. We need help from all the regional players, so anyway," Morrell said.
All the regional players are needed, to play a cooperative role in turning around the situation in Afghanistan which is a desperately poor country with a -- you know, with a real, destabilising influence in its midst, in the form of these militants, Morrell said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!