India, US for close interaction between legal agencies
Washington: India and the US have agreed that their legal agencies associated with the enforcement of competition law would interact closely as envisaged under the framework of a MoU signed in September 2012.
India`s visiting Minister for Corporate Affairs Sachin Pilot reviewed the MoU signed jointly by his ministry and Competition Commission of India with the US Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission with FTC chairperson Edith Ramirez.
Pilot also suggested at the meeting held on Thursday that officials of FTC and MCA identify a few specific activities for cooperation and joint action prior to Ramirez`s visit to India in October, according to the Indian embassy.
The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs could cooperate with the FTC in capacity building and awareness generation of the competition legislation and the forthcoming competition policy, among the legal practitioners and judicial bodies of both countries, he suggested.
Later presiding over the renewal of an MoU between the IICA and the George Washington University Law School, Pilot said their collaboration must make the best of the good work that is being done. International experiences covering the global business environment, corporate law, corporate governance and competition law can be good learning for IICA, he said.
University President Steven Knapp called the MoU an opportunity for three years, to effectively engage with IICA, in the area of corporate affairs. Pilot Friday met with a team from the International Finance Corporation led by Saadia Khairi, Vice President, Risk Management and reporting, the embassy said.
The discussions covered a broad range of topics relating to the business environment in India and the provisions relating to corporate governance and CSR in the forthcoming new Companies Bill.
The IFC officials expressed great interest in quickly operationalising the MOU which is to be signed shortly between the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs and the IFC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city