India, US for close interaction between legal agencies
Washington: India and the US have agreed that their legal agencies associated with the enforcement of competition law would interact closely as envisaged under the framework of a MoU signed in September 2012.
India`s visiting Minister for Corporate Affairs Sachin Pilot reviewed the MoU signed jointly by his ministry and Competition Commission of India with the US Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission with FTC chairperson Edith Ramirez.
Pilot also suggested at the meeting held on Thursday that officials of FTC and MCA identify a few specific activities for cooperation and joint action prior to Ramirez`s visit to India in October, according to the Indian embassy.
The Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs could cooperate with the FTC in capacity building and awareness generation of the competition legislation and the forthcoming competition policy, among the legal practitioners and judicial bodies of both countries, he suggested.
Later presiding over the renewal of an MoU between the IICA and the George Washington University Law School, Pilot said their collaboration must make the best of the good work that is being done. International experiences covering the global business environment, corporate law, corporate governance and competition law can be good learning for IICA, he said.
University President Steven Knapp called the MoU an opportunity for three years, to effectively engage with IICA, in the area of corporate affairs. Pilot Friday met with a team from the International Finance Corporation led by Saadia Khairi, Vice President, Risk Management and reporting, the embassy said.
The discussions covered a broad range of topics relating to the business environment in India and the provisions relating to corporate governance and CSR in the forthcoming new Companies Bill.
The IFC officials expressed great interest in quickly operationalising the MOU which is to be signed shortly between the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs and the IFC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday