Indian accused of murder remanded for psychiatric assessment in Singapore
Singapore: An Indian national charged with the murder of a beautician whose decapitated body was found floating in a waterway in Singapore was today remanded for psychiatric assessment.
Gursharan Singh, 25, who worked as fork lift driver, was charged last week with the murder of another Indian Jasvinder Kaur together with an unknown person at a Balestier Road premises between December 10 and 12.
Kaur`s decapitated body was wrapped in a trash bag when it was spotted floating in the waterway between two housing estates.
Besides her still-missing head and hands, 33-year-old Kaur`s arms had also been apparently mutilated.
Authorities were currently looking for another Indian national, Harvinder Singh, 33, said to be the dead woman`s husband, to assist with police investigations.
Harvinder, who worked as senior logistics coordinator, left Singapore via a checkpoint to Malaysia, 30 minutes before Kaur`s body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog