Indian Ambassador hosts Iftar banquet in Egypt
Cairo: Around 180 guests including Egyptian Cabinet Ministers, top political leaders, senior officials, foreign Ambassadors, artists and media representatives attended a grand Iftar banquet held by the Indian Ambassador to Egypt Navdeep Suri at his residence.
Prominent among the guests who attended the Iftar party which took place Monday evening were Minister for IT and Telecommunications Atif Helmy, former Prime Minister Essam Sharaf, former Deputy Prime Minister Yehia al Gamal Egyptian Social Democratic Party chief Mohammed Aboul Ghar, and President of the Egyptian Council of Foreign Affairs (ECFA), Mohamed Selmawy.
In his welcome remarks, the Ambassador greeted the people of Egypt on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, emphasizing the importance of peace at this critical juncture.
Noting the value of co-existence, he described India’s composite culture, something exemplified by the diversity in India’s political leadership.
In an interview to the Indian news channel DD News post Iftar party, minister Atif Helmy said that Egypt was keen to expand cooperation with India in the field of IT and telecommunications , especially after the recent signing of an agreement for this purpose.
He also welcomed Indian investments in the field of telecommunication.
Egypt would learn and benefit from India’s experiences, and become a gateway for the region in the e-medicine, e-learning and other IT enabled services, Helmy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH