Indian arrested for using allegedly stolen Thai visa
Bangkok: An Indian national has been arrested by Thai police after producing a Thai visa sticker that was among 300 visa labels reported missing from the embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
The 44-year-old Indian was detained while trying to use the visa to board a plane to Chennai at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Wednesday night.
After his arrest for having the allegedly stolen visa sticker in his passport, the man told police he had paid 7,500 baht (Rs 15,000) to an Indian agent to process his visa application at the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, the Nation newspaper reported today.
He then travelled to Thailand on July 20 without knowing there was a problem with the visa.
Officials charged the man, who was not identified in the media report, with using a forged visa stamp and sent his case to be processed for legal action.
In August, the Department of Consular Affairs reported 300 visa stickers were missing from the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
It was later discovered that some 2,000 stickers had disappeared on the way to the Thai Embassy in The Hague and another 500 were missing from the Thai Consulate in Laos` Savannakhet province.
The stickers have been cancelled by authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe