Indian attempts suicide in Bahrain, stable
Dubai: An Indian man who tried to commit suicide at the Indian Embassy in Bahrain Oct 3 is now stable.
Balaji Bhaskaran, 21, slashed his hand at the embassy last Thursday after which he was immediately rushed to Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC) in Manama, the Gulf Daily News reported.
According to the report, he was in a relationship with a woman who planned to marry someone else.
"He is in a stable condition at SMC and his company is taking good care of him," Indian Embassy official Ram Singh was quoted as saying.
Singh said the reports from his employer suggested Bhaskaran was depressed about his relationship and had attempted suicide in the past as well.
"He will now receive psychiatric treatment at the hospital before he is discharged," Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant