Indian charged in UAE for forcing wife into prostitution
Dubai: An Indian man has been charged with human trafficking in the UAE for forcing his wife into prostitution while another compatriot was charged for having sex with the woman on several occasions against her will.
Indian identified only as AS, 38, is said to have brought his 30-year-old spouse to the UAE in 2011 before threatening to kill her and their three children if she refused his wishes, a court here heard.
The husband was also said to have pretended not to know that the men he was bringing to his room were there for sex.
Prosecutors charged AS with human trafficking and fellow Indian EK, 34, was charged with having sex with AS`s wife on several occasions against her will, a media report said today.
Both men denied the charges at the Dubai Criminal Court yesterday.
Prosecution records show that AS started asking his wife to have sex with EK, who owned the room in which AS and his wife of 13 years lived in.
The woman refused but was beaten and deceived into having sex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference