Indian HC probes Dhaka online visa intrusion?
Dhaka: The Indian High Commission here on Wednesday
said it has launched a probe into reported "intrusion" of
"certain unscrupulous elements and visa agents" in its online
visa application system with intent to manipulate the
"It has come to the notice of the High Commission of
India, Dhaka that certain unscrupulous elements and visa
agents have been trying to intrude into the online visa
application system with the objective of blocking slots and
apportioning them for a consideration," the High Commission
said in a statement.
It said the High Commission wished to assure all visa
applicants that "the matter is being investigated and
preventive measures would be taken, at the earliest".
"The High Commission wishes to convey that unauthorised
activities of such elements and agents are not only an
impediment to the smooth functioning of the online visa
application system but is causing grave inconvenience and
distress to genuine travellers wishing to visit India," it
The statement came as a number of intending visitors in
recent months complained that they could not log in the
prescribed site for visa application but managed to get it in
"unofficial channels" spending some extra money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened