Indian HC probes Dhaka online visa intrusion?
Dhaka: The Indian High Commission here on Wednesday
said it has launched a probe into reported "intrusion" of
"certain unscrupulous elements and visa agents" in its online
visa application system with intent to manipulate the
"It has come to the notice of the High Commission of
India, Dhaka that certain unscrupulous elements and visa
agents have been trying to intrude into the online visa
application system with the objective of blocking slots and
apportioning them for a consideration," the High Commission
said in a statement.
It said the High Commission wished to assure all visa
applicants that "the matter is being investigated and
preventive measures would be taken, at the earliest".
"The High Commission wishes to convey that unauthorised
activities of such elements and agents are not only an
impediment to the smooth functioning of the online visa
application system but is causing grave inconvenience and
distress to genuine travellers wishing to visit India," it
The statement came as a number of intending visitors in
recent months complained that they could not log in the
prescribed site for visa application but managed to get it in
"unofficial channels" spending some extra money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack