Indian in Bahrain stabbed in passport row
Dubai: A 35-year-old Indian man in Bahrain was stabbed, allegedly by one of his employers, in a row after he went to collect his passport.
Radhakrishnan Thankappan Nair sustained injuries in his hand and shoulder and is being kept in the intensive care unit of the Salmaniya Medical Complex in Bahrain`s capital, Manama, the Gulf Daily News reported Monday.
According to the report, when Nair, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram in India`s Kerala state, went to get his passport ahead of a planned holiday, his employer allegedly told him that he would get it only if he signed a blank document.
At this, a row broke out. "The employee accuses his employer of attacking him during a dispute over passport," the report cited Bahrain`s interior ministry sources as saying.
"He came out of the office with a torn shirt and blood on it, but the employer denies it and accuses him of hurting himself. A probe is under way to find the actual cause of the fight."
While members of the Malayalee community have visited Nair in hospital, the Indian embassy in Bahrain is also investigating the matter.
Nair has been working in this company, based at Mina Salman, for six years now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates