Indian man accused of molesting co-worker in Dubai
Dubai: A 40-year-old Indian man in the UAE has been accused of molesting his woman co-worker at their workplace, according to a media report on Sunday.
The accused, a financial analyst identified as K K, denied the charge before a Dubai Court of First Instance today. He argued that he acted out of politeness and gave way to the 27-year-old woman to exit an elevator.
Prosecutors said the accused indecently groped the woman during a tea break and breached her modesty by caressing her hair while they were alone in the elevator in November last year, Gulf News reported.
"I was being polite observing the ladies first rule. I did not molest her or breach her modesty," the accused claimed. "I just asked her to leave the elevator ahead of me."
The woman testified to prosecutors that, in other instance, she was at the office canteen when K K allegedly groped her. She said she was afraid to "push him or prevent him from touching me".
She complained to the assistant manager in Human Resources Department, who assured her that K K would be punished.
But she reported the matter to police when no actions were taken against the accused for two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?