Indian man accused of molesting co-worker in Dubai
Dubai: A 40-year-old Indian man in the UAE has been accused of molesting his woman co-worker at their workplace, according to a media report on Sunday.
The accused, a financial analyst identified as K K, denied the charge before a Dubai Court of First Instance today. He argued that he acted out of politeness and gave way to the 27-year-old woman to exit an elevator.
Prosecutors said the accused indecently groped the woman during a tea break and breached her modesty by caressing her hair while they were alone in the elevator in November last year, Gulf News reported.
"I was being polite observing the ladies first rule. I did not molest her or breach her modesty," the accused claimed. "I just asked her to leave the elevator ahead of me."
The woman testified to prosecutors that, in other instance, she was at the office canteen when K K allegedly groped her. She said she was afraid to "push him or prevent him from touching me".
She complained to the assistant manager in Human Resources Department, who assured her that K K would be punished.
But she reported the matter to police when no actions were taken against the accused for two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- Driving in the rain: Key things you must follow
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today