Indian man accused of molesting co-worker in Dubai
Dubai: A 40-year-old Indian man in the UAE has been accused of molesting his woman co-worker at their workplace, according to a media report on Sunday.
The accused, a financial analyst identified as K K, denied the charge before a Dubai Court of First Instance today. He argued that he acted out of politeness and gave way to the 27-year-old woman to exit an elevator.
Prosecutors said the accused indecently groped the woman during a tea break and breached her modesty by caressing her hair while they were alone in the elevator in November last year, Gulf News reported.
"I was being polite observing the ladies first rule. I did not molest her or breach her modesty," the accused claimed. "I just asked her to leave the elevator ahead of me."
The woman testified to prosecutors that, in other instance, she was at the office canteen when K K allegedly groped her. She said she was afraid to "push him or prevent him from touching me".
She complained to the assistant manager in Human Resources Department, who assured her that K K would be punished.
But she reported the matter to police when no actions were taken against the accused for two weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest