Indian man arrested in Singapore over woman`s death
Singapore: A 25-year-old Indian national has been arrested in connection with the death of an Indian woman last week.
Police arrested the man after the decapitated body of Jasvinder Kaur, 33, was found inside a canal near Block 110 on McNair Road Dec 12, a Singapore police statement stated.
The suspect will be charged in the court Dec 20.
Police are also looking for another Indian National, Harvinder Singh, 33, who is believed to be the husband of the deceased.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Harvinder Singh had left Singapore shortly after the death of Jasvinder Kaur was reported.
Police said they have sought assistance of their counterparts in the neighbouring countries to trace his whereabouts.
“This is a serious crime which had attracted a lot of public attention. The circumstances surrounding this case had posed a unique challenge to the police at the onset of investigations,” Hoong Wee Teck, deputy commissioner of Singapore Police, said in a statement.
“However, notwithstanding the challenges faced, I am proud of the officers’ perseverance and tenacity which, coupled with their extensive field investigations, has resulted in the successful arrest of the suspect,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged