Indian man arrested in Singapore over woman`s death
Singapore: A 25-year-old Indian national has been arrested in connection with the death of an Indian woman last week.
Police arrested the man after the decapitated body of Jasvinder Kaur, 33, was found inside a canal near Block 110 on McNair Road Dec 12, a Singapore police statement stated.
The suspect will be charged in the court Dec 20.
Police are also looking for another Indian National, Harvinder Singh, 33, who is believed to be the husband of the deceased.
Preliminary investigations revealed that Harvinder Singh had left Singapore shortly after the death of Jasvinder Kaur was reported.
Police said they have sought assistance of their counterparts in the neighbouring countries to trace his whereabouts.
“This is a serious crime which had attracted a lot of public attention. The circumstances surrounding this case had posed a unique challenge to the police at the onset of investigations,” Hoong Wee Teck, deputy commissioner of Singapore Police, said in a statement.
“However, notwithstanding the challenges faced, I am proud of the officers’ perseverance and tenacity which, coupled with their extensive field investigations, has resulted in the successful arrest of the suspect,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama