Indian man drowns in New Zealand waterfall
Wellington: A 20-year-old Indian fell and drowned in a waterfall in New Zealand Thursday afternoon.
The 20-year-old man, whom local media reports referred to as an Indian national, was crossing the front of the 30-metre high waterfall in the Hunua Ranges near Auckland, when he slipped and fell into deep water.
He was with two children at the time.
"He was unable to be retrieved for a short time and was unconscious when pulled from the water," local police was quoted as saying in a statement.
According to the reports, a passing nurse tried to administer CPR to him after he was pulled out in an unconscious state and was later aided by paramedics. But he died at the scene.
Hunua Ranges is a hilly region near Auckland in New Zealand`s North Island.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents