Indian man drowns in New Zealand waterfall
Wellington: A 20-year-old Indian fell and drowned in a waterfall in New Zealand Thursday afternoon.
The 20-year-old man, whom local media reports referred to as an Indian national, was crossing the front of the 30-metre high waterfall in the Hunua Ranges near Auckland, when he slipped and fell into deep water.
He was with two children at the time.
"He was unable to be retrieved for a short time and was unconscious when pulled from the water," local police was quoted as saying in a statement.
According to the reports, a passing nurse tried to administer CPR to him after he was pulled out in an unconscious state and was later aided by paramedics. But he died at the scene.
Hunua Ranges is a hilly region near Auckland in New Zealand`s North Island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you