Indian man drowns in New Zealand waterfall
Wellington: A 20-year-old Indian fell and drowned in a waterfall in New Zealand Thursday afternoon.
The 20-year-old man, whom local media reports referred to as an Indian national, was crossing the front of the 30-metre high waterfall in the Hunua Ranges near Auckland, when he slipped and fell into deep water.
He was with two children at the time.
"He was unable to be retrieved for a short time and was unconscious when pulled from the water," local police was quoted as saying in a statement.
According to the reports, a passing nurse tried to administer CPR to him after he was pulled out in an unconscious state and was later aided by paramedics. But he died at the scene.
Hunua Ranges is a hilly region near Auckland in New Zealand`s North Island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa