Indian man drowns in New Zealand waterfall
Wellington: A 20-year-old Indian fell and drowned in a waterfall in New Zealand Thursday afternoon.
The 20-year-old man, whom local media reports referred to as an Indian national, was crossing the front of the 30-metre high waterfall in the Hunua Ranges near Auckland, when he slipped and fell into deep water.
He was with two children at the time.
"He was unable to be retrieved for a short time and was unconscious when pulled from the water," local police was quoted as saying in a statement.
According to the reports, a passing nurse tried to administer CPR to him after he was pulled out in an unconscious state and was later aided by paramedics. But he died at the scene.
Hunua Ranges is a hilly region near Auckland in New Zealand`s North Island.
- Pakistan drop Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal for England tour
- Protests in Manipur over unsolved murders
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry