Indian-origin boy in Scotland died of internal bleeding: Report
London: A three-year-old boy found dead in a Scottish woodland in January, allegedly killed by his Indian-origin mother, died of internal bleeding, the autopsy report said.
Mikaeel Kular`s death certificate was released yesterday by the registrar at Kirkcaldy in Fife, on the east coast of Scotland.
It listed the cause of death as "peritonitis (inflammation of the thin lining of tummy) and intra-abdominal haemorrhage (bleeding inside the abdomen)" and said an investigation of the facts of the case was pending.
The inflammation is most often caused by an infection from elsewhere in the body, but can also develop directly.
His 33-year-old mother, Rosdeep Kular, is in police custody charged with his murder and is also accused of attempts to mislead the investigators.
His death was registered by his Indian step-grandfather B Krishnaswamy.
Mikaeel`s body was found in January, a day after Rosdeep reported him missing from their home at Ferry Gait Crescent in Edinburgh, triggering a massive search operation.
Two days later police arrested her and she has appeared twice in the court in Edinburgh, making no plea or declaration.
Prison officials began an investigation last week after a Facebook page belonging to Rosdeep appeared online.
The prison service said it would look into any suggestion a prisoner was using social media.
Police Scotland`s investigations are ongoing and the Crown Office has said in a statement that no future dates have now been scheduled for the case and no further information will be released until the accused has been indicted and appears in open court in due course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof