Indian-origin man in Malaysia shot dead
Singapore: An Indian-origin man was shot dead in Alor Setar, the capital of the Malaysian state of Kedah.
M. Nagenthiran, 30, was shot three times Friday on the top floor of a five-storey apartment in the Taman Setia Jaya area of the city, local media reported. He was a car repossessor.
His wife G. Paramewary, who was sleeping with their two children, said she woke up in the early hours Friday when she heard a knock on the door of their apartment.
"I opened the door to find a policeman standing outside. He told me that my husband was dead," The Malaysian Star newspaper quoted her as saying.
"I rushed out and found him lying in a pool of blood only a few metres from our unit," she said.
A neighbour, who spotted Nagenthiran`s body, had alerted the police.
The family had shifted to the new apartment six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview