Indian-origin man in Malaysia shot dead
Singapore: An Indian-origin man was shot dead in Alor Setar, the capital of the Malaysian state of Kedah.
M. Nagenthiran, 30, was shot three times Friday on the top floor of a five-storey apartment in the Taman Setia Jaya area of the city, local media reported. He was a car repossessor.
His wife G. Paramewary, who was sleeping with their two children, said she woke up in the early hours Friday when she heard a knock on the door of their apartment.
"I opened the door to find a policeman standing outside. He told me that my husband was dead," The Malaysian Star newspaper quoted her as saying.
"I rushed out and found him lying in a pool of blood only a few metres from our unit," she said.
A neighbour, who spotted Nagenthiran`s body, had alerted the police.
The family had shifted to the new apartment six months ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape