Indian-origin man in Malaysia shot dead
Singapore: An Indian-origin man was shot dead in Alor Setar, the capital of the Malaysian state of Kedah.
M. Nagenthiran, 30, was shot three times Friday on the top floor of a five-storey apartment in the Taman Setia Jaya area of the city, local media reported. He was a car repossessor.
His wife G. Paramewary, who was sleeping with their two children, said she woke up in the early hours Friday when she heard a knock on the door of their apartment.
"I opened the door to find a policeman standing outside. He told me that my husband was dead," The Malaysian Star newspaper quoted her as saying.
"I rushed out and found him lying in a pool of blood only a few metres from our unit," she said.
A neighbour, who spotted Nagenthiran`s body, had alerted the police.
The family had shifted to the new apartment six months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'