Indian-origin man shot dead in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A 39-year-old ethnic Indian man was shot dead in his car by motorcycle-borne gunmen near the Malaysian capital.
The victim identified as N Ragunathan was alone in his car after he had apparently conducted a transaction at the Road Transport Department office, when two men on a motorcycle moved along side his car and shot him yesterday.
"Ragunathan tried to flee but crashed his car some 40 metres away," police said.
Malaysia`s population of 28 million comprises 60 per cent majority Malays, 25 per cent ethnic Chinese and eight per cent ethnic Indians, mostly Tamils.
This is the third fatal shooting in less than two weeks here.
This morning, a senior Customs official was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Malaysia`s administrative capital Putrajaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses