Indian-origin man shot dead in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A 39-year-old ethnic Indian man was shot dead in his car by motorcycle-borne gunmen near the Malaysian capital.
The victim identified as N Ragunathan was alone in his car after he had apparently conducted a transaction at the Road Transport Department office, when two men on a motorcycle moved along side his car and shot him yesterday.
"Ragunathan tried to flee but crashed his car some 40 metres away," police said.
Malaysia`s population of 28 million comprises 60 per cent majority Malays, 25 per cent ethnic Chinese and eight per cent ethnic Indians, mostly Tamils.
This is the third fatal shooting in less than two weeks here.
This morning, a senior Customs official was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Malaysia`s administrative capital Putrajaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?