Indian-origin man shot dead in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A 39-year-old ethnic Indian man was shot dead in his car by motorcycle-borne gunmen near the Malaysian capital.
The victim identified as N Ragunathan was alone in his car after he had apparently conducted a transaction at the Road Transport Department office, when two men on a motorcycle moved along side his car and shot him yesterday.
"Ragunathan tried to flee but crashed his car some 40 metres away," police said.
Malaysia`s population of 28 million comprises 60 per cent majority Malays, 25 per cent ethnic Chinese and eight per cent ethnic Indians, mostly Tamils.
This is the third fatal shooting in less than two weeks here.
This morning, a senior Customs official was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Malaysia`s administrative capital Putrajaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?