Indian-origin man shot dead in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A 39-year-old ethnic Indian man was shot dead in his car by motorcycle-borne gunmen near the Malaysian capital.
The victim identified as N Ragunathan was alone in his car after he had apparently conducted a transaction at the Road Transport Department office, when two men on a motorcycle moved along side his car and shot him yesterday.
"Ragunathan tried to flee but crashed his car some 40 metres away," police said.
Malaysia`s population of 28 million comprises 60 per cent majority Malays, 25 per cent ethnic Chinese and eight per cent ethnic Indians, mostly Tamils.
This is the third fatal shooting in less than two weeks here.
This morning, a senior Customs official was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Malaysia`s administrative capital Putrajaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands