Indian-origin man shot dead in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A 30-year-old Indian-origin businessman has been shot dead in the Malaysian city of Alor Setar, local media reported.
M Nagenthiran, a car repossessor, sustained three bullets injuries on his body which was found at the top floor of the five-storey building where he lived, in Taman Setia Jaya area in the capital city of the Malaysian state of Kedah yesterday.
A neighbour of Nagenthiran informed the police after spotting his body.
G Parameswary, wife of the deceased, said she woke up in the wee hours after police came to inform her at her residence about the incident.
"I opened the door to find a policeman standing outside. He told me that my husband was dead," The Malaysian Star newspaper quoted her as saying.
"I rushed out and found him lying in a pool of blood only a few metres from our unit," Parameswary said.
The deceased is survived by two children, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why