Indian-origin man shot dead in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: A 30-year-old Indian-origin businessman has been shot dead in the Malaysian city of Alor Setar, local media reported.
M Nagenthiran, a car repossessor, sustained three bullets injuries on his body which was found at the top floor of the five-storey building where he lived, in Taman Setia Jaya area in the capital city of the Malaysian state of Kedah yesterday.
A neighbour of Nagenthiran informed the police after spotting his body.
G Parameswary, wife of the deceased, said she woke up in the wee hours after police came to inform her at her residence about the incident.
"I opened the door to find a policeman standing outside. He told me that my husband was dead," The Malaysian Star newspaper quoted her as saying.
"I rushed out and found him lying in a pool of blood only a few metres from our unit," Parameswary said.
The deceased is survived by two children, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes