Indian-origin professor awarded for education
New York: An Indian-origin professor in the US has been conferred the service award by a diaspora organisation in recognition of her contributions to the society through her teachings and research.
Meena Kumari, associate professor of anatomy and physiology at University College of Veterinary Medicine in Manhattan received the award yesterday from the Association of Scientists of Indian Origin in America, a university statement said.
"It is very humbling to be chosen for this award. Being at Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine has taught me what it means to serve with dedication and, above all, enthusiasm," Kumari said in the statement.
She has a doctorate in Andrology and master`s in Neuroendocrinology from the University of Delhi.
"Kumari, with a passion for teaching and research, was conferred the service award in recognition of her dedication to the society`s goals. She focused on understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying alterations in gene expression in the brain following chronic alcohol exposure, the association said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic