Indian-origin student reported missing in US
New York: A 22-year-old Indian-origin student has been reported missing from New York for nearly 10 days and the police is seeking the public`s help to locate her.
Jasmine Joseph was last seen leaving her home in New York`s Syosset area home on February 24 in her car to go to the New York Institute of Technology`s (NYIT) campus.
Joseph had called her parents in the evening to say she was at the college library, and has not been seen or heard from since.
However, the NYIT issued a statement saying Joseph had not been enrolled at the school since May 2013.
The institute said it is cooperating with the family of Joseph but said she "has not been a student enrolled at NYIT since May 2013; as such, we are unable to provide any current information."
The Nassau County Police Department confirmed that Joseph was not enrolled at NYIT for the current semester and that her parents were not aware of that fact.
Last month, another Indian-origin student Pravin Varughese, who had gone missing in Illinois, was found dead in a wooded area in Carbondale.
The Southern Illinois University student from Morton Grove had disappeared after getting into a dispute with an acquaintance who was giving him a ride.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi