Indian-origin Tory politician slammed for racist slur on Muslims
London: Britain’s first female Asian peer has been slammed for claiming all Muslims are on benefits and vote Labour.
Indian-origin crossbencher Baroness Flather made the comments while defending PM David Cameron’s new Aussie campaign chief Lynton Crosby “who had allegedly said that chasing Muslim votes was a waste of Tory time”.
Crosby is also said to have used the phrase ‘f***ing Muslims’ while on London Mayor Boris Johnson’s staff, the Sun reports.
“I don’t condone swearing, but Lynton is right. They are all on benefits and all vote Labour,” Flather, who has Indian roots, said.
According to the report, Labour Party vice- chair Michael Dugher condemned Flather for her comments and said that they were unacceptable.
“These comments are unacceptable. There can be no place in politics for such offensive and ignorant attitudes,” Labour Party vice-chair Michael Dugher said.
According to the report, Flather later admitted she went too far, but added that her point was valid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?