Indian-origin woman found dead in swimming pool
New York: An Indian-origin woman was found dead in a swimming pool of a house, where she was attending a party, and local police are investigating the drowning incident.
The body of the victim, identified as Rajkumari Motwani, 55, was found at the bottom of the swimming pool when residents of a home in Long Island were cleaning up their backyard following a party on Saturday night.
They noticed a body in the deep end of the backyard pool.
Police officers responded to a 911 call from the resident early Sunday morning and Motwani`s body was pulled out from the water, Suffolk Police said in a statement.
Motwani`s body has been transported to the Suffolk County medical examiner`s office.
She was a guest at the birthday party and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad detectives are investigating the drowning death.
Police have not found any criminality in relation to Motwani`s death following a preliminary investigation.
Detectives are seeking information from the public about the incident.
Residents of home and other party-goers, who have not been identified, are cooperating with the investigation.
A neighbour of the house where the party happened, said the party ended at about 11:30 pm local time.
She said two adult children live in the house that was once inhabited by their parents, who moved to a different city two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing