Indian-origin woman honoured with international radio award
Melbourne: An Indian-origin woman in Australia has been honoured with an international radio award for her documentary exploring family and domestic violence.
Manpreet Kaur Singh won the Silver medal at the New York Festival`s International Radio Programme Awards this year for her documentary feature `The Enemy Within`.
Manpreet works as an executive producer at the SBS Punjabi Radio Channel.
Her feature story won the award in the best special report category for exploring family and domestic violence within the Australian Indian community.
It has been earlier nominated for a Walkley Award and has also received a 2013 United Nations Association of Australia Media Award for?Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Women`s Rights and Issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police