Indian-origin woman honoured with international radio award
Melbourne: An Indian-origin woman in Australia has been honoured with an international radio award for her documentary exploring family and domestic violence.
Manpreet Kaur Singh won the Silver medal at the New York Festival`s International Radio Programme Awards this year for her documentary feature `The Enemy Within`.
Manpreet works as an executive producer at the SBS Punjabi Radio Channel.
Her feature story won the award in the best special report category for exploring family and domestic violence within the Australian Indian community.
It has been earlier nominated for a Walkley Award and has also received a 2013 United Nations Association of Australia Media Award for?Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Women`s Rights and Issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win