Indian-origin woman honoured with international radio award
Melbourne: An Indian-origin woman in Australia has been honoured with an international radio award for her documentary exploring family and domestic violence.
Manpreet Kaur Singh won the Silver medal at the New York Festival`s International Radio Programme Awards this year for her documentary feature `The Enemy Within`.
Manpreet works as an executive producer at the SBS Punjabi Radio Channel.
Her feature story won the award in the best special report category for exploring family and domestic violence within the Australian Indian community.
It has been earlier nominated for a Walkley Award and has also received a 2013 United Nations Association of Australia Media Award for?Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Women`s Rights and Issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video