Indian-origin woman honoured with international radio award
Melbourne: An Indian-origin woman in Australia has been honoured with an international radio award for her documentary exploring family and domestic violence.
Manpreet Kaur Singh won the Silver medal at the New York Festival`s International Radio Programme Awards this year for her documentary feature `The Enemy Within`.
Manpreet works as an executive producer at the SBS Punjabi Radio Channel.
Her feature story won the award in the best special report category for exploring family and domestic violence within the Australian Indian community.
It has been earlier nominated for a Walkley Award and has also received a 2013 United Nations Association of Australia Media Award for?Increasing Awareness and Understanding of Women`s Rights and Issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley