Indian-origin woman, two daughters found dead in UK
An Indian-origin school laboratory technician and her two daughters have been found dead under mysterious circumstances at their home in west London, a Scotland Yard spokesman said on Sunday.
London: An Indian-origin school laboratory technician and her two daughters have been found dead under mysterious circumstances at their home in west London, a Scotland Yard spokesman said on Sunday.
Heena Solanki, 34, was found dead along with Prish, 4, and Jasmine, 9, at their home in Midcroft, Ruislip on Friday evening.
The spokesman said, "Police were called at approximately 6:40 pm on Friday. The deaths are being treated as unexplained at this stage. We are still awaiting the Post Mortem report".
"No arrests have been made and the Homiside and Serious Crime Command Team is investing into the case," he said.
Moments after paramedics and police arrived at the house, police ordered neighbours to close all their doors and windows, saying that there had been a "chemical incident" there, according to a report.
Witnesses said police had also taken away what appeared to be a suitcase and a series of tubes.
Heena lived with her 42-year-old husband Kalpesh`s parents who had been on a holiday when the incident occurred.
Meanwhile, contradictory reports emerged in the local media with some saying Kalpesh made the grim discovery of their bodies when he returned home while some claiming neighbours called police fearing a gas leak.
Heena worked at a secondary school and would have known how to brew a killer concoction of chemicals.
Last night an evidence bag marked `caution health hazard` was removed by officers, the Mirror reported.
Heena`s Facebook page states she studied at South Gujarat University until 2002. Some media reports claimed that Heena poisoned her daughters before killing herself in what police is terming a "toxic chemical reaction".
Shocked friends and neighbours gathered outside the house yesterday that has been cordoned off and a probe is on.
"I saw these people go into the house in chemical suits. I couldn`t believe what was going on. They were a happy family and the children were lovely little kids", a neighbour said.
Another neighbour who did not want to be named, said, "Last night the police were knocking on doors telling everyone to get inside and close their windows because there had been a chemical incident".
Detectives from the homicide and serious crime command are investigating the case but it is believed that officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
Officers are looking into whether Heena used her lab expertise to gas herself and her children or swallowed a poisonous chemical concoction.
However, a gas mains leak has been ruled out so far. A spokesperson for the London Ambulance Service said that paramedics with "hazardous area" training had been dispatched after a 999 emergency call.
"We sent three ambulance crews, two single responders in a car, two officers and our hazardous area response team. Sadly three patients, a woman and two children, were dead at the scene," he said.
Her shocked friends and neighbours gathered outside the cordoned-off house to leave flowers and tributes.
"She never used chemicals at home. I don`t know what happened," Heena`s friend Pranali Chambhare said.