Indian, Russian Armies conclude 1st joint counter--terror drill
Moscow: Indian and Russian Armies have successfully concluded their first joint counter-terrorism wargames close to Moscow`s boundary with China and Mongolia.
Over 250 Indian Army personnel and a matching number of Russian soldiers participated in the drill "INDRA 2012", which involved joint battle reconnaissance and simulated destruction of an illegal armed force, Indian Embassy here said in a statement today.
The fourth round of Army-to-Army exercise between the two armies was conducted at a training range in Republic of Buryatia in South East of Russia.
The exercise, held from August 7-16, was aimed at carrying out counter-terrorism operations by mechanised heavy combat group under UN mandate.
India and Russia have so far conducted three rounds of INDRA exercises. The first exercise was carried out in 2005 in Rajasthan, followed by Prshkov in Russia. The third exercise was conducted at Chaubattia in Kumaon hills some time ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers