Indian sailor missing off Australian coast
Melbourne: A 41-year-old Indian sailor fell off from a Liberian crude oil tanker off Western Australia`s northern coast and authorities today said chances of his survival are bleak.
Mukesh Lala Fulbaria went missing early yesterday after he fell from MT Sigma Integrity, northwest of Carnarvon, in the Gascoyne region.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority released a statement tonight saying the search operation has ceased.
ASMSA said advice from medical experts indicated that even under the best circumstances there was now no realistic prospect of his survival.
MT Sigma Integrity dropped flotation equipment for the motorman and a search began immediately, but he was not found. It remained in the area today searching for Fulbaria.
An AMSA spokesman said a Dornier search and rescue aircraft made two sorties today, Perth Now reported.
Wallem Ship Management said in a statement that Fulbaria had been an employee for 13 years.
"Wallem`s thoughts are with the family of the seafarer," they said.
The MT Sigma Integrity had been on its way to the port of Kwinana in Western Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply