Indian web address used for hacking Bangladesh websites
Dhaka: The Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) in Bangladesh says it has traced an Indian IP (Internet Protocol) address used for hacking 20 district portals, but acknowledges that the real identity of the hacker could be concealed.
The hacked sites were operated by the PMO and the incident is considered to be a serious security lapse.
"We have initially detected an Indian IP address that belongs to Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL), one of the largest Internet service providers in India," said SM Akash, media manager of Access to Information (A2i) team of the PMO.
Professional hackers, however, use various methods to hide their real IP address and location, The Daily Star quoted him as saying.
The Bangladesh government will ask VSNL for details of the IP address and the hacker`s location, said the official.
Twenty district websites operated by the PMO were hacked on Saturday.
Some Hindi letters and ‘JAI HIND!’ were posted on the hacked websites.
The hackers claiming to be Indians threatened Bangladesh with a cyber war if any Pakistani terrorist enters India via Bangladesh.
Home Secretary Abdus Sobhan Sikder said they restored the websites on Saturday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video