Indians in Belgium mourn Sikh family`s murder
Brussels: Hundreds of members of the Indian community paid tributes to four members of a Sikh family who were brutally murdered in the the Belgian capital, news agency reported.
Jasbir Singh`s wife and their three young children were killed by a suspected Bangladeshi man in their home in Etterbeek area of Brussels Sep 28.
On Sunday evening, Sikh priests recited prayers for the deceased, while mourners placed flowers at the door of the house.
A "white march" was also held, with mourners carrying white balloons and pictures of the three slain children and their mother.
The march was supported by the Etterbeek municipality whose mayor was also present to offer his condolences to Jasbir Singh, the father and husband of the deceased.
A number of Belgians and Bangladeshis also joined the march to express their condolences, and condemnation of the killing.
Belgian police are looking for a 29-year-old Bangladeshi man for his alleged involvement in the crime. He was working at the same restaurant where Jasbir Singh worked and has disappeared since the day of the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'