Indians in Belgium mourn Sikh family`s murder
Brussels: Hundreds of members of the Indian community paid tributes to four members of a Sikh family who were brutally murdered in the the Belgian capital, news agency reported.
Jasbir Singh`s wife and their three young children were killed by a suspected Bangladeshi man in their home in Etterbeek area of Brussels Sep 28.
On Sunday evening, Sikh priests recited prayers for the deceased, while mourners placed flowers at the door of the house.
A "white march" was also held, with mourners carrying white balloons and pictures of the three slain children and their mother.
The march was supported by the Etterbeek municipality whose mayor was also present to offer his condolences to Jasbir Singh, the father and husband of the deceased.
A number of Belgians and Bangladeshis also joined the march to express their condolences, and condemnation of the killing.
Belgian police are looking for a 29-year-old Bangladeshi man for his alleged involvement in the crime. He was working at the same restaurant where Jasbir Singh worked and has disappeared since the day of the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video