Indonesia arrests 7 terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesia`s anti-terrorism squad has arrested seven suspects for allegedly smuggling assault rifles into the country from the Philippines.
National police spokesman Untung Yoga Ana said on Wednesday the men were rounded up this week in separate raids in the capital, Jakarta, and other cities on the main island of Java.
They are accused of smuggling firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the Philippines via the Malaysian town of Tawao.
Indonesia, the world`s most populous Muslim nation, has been battling terrorists since 2002 when al Qaeda-linked militants attacked two nightclubs on Bali island, killing 202 people, many of them foreign tourists.
Hundreds of suspects have been arrested and convicted since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation