Indonesia arrests 7 terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesia`s anti-terrorism squad has arrested seven suspects for allegedly smuggling assault rifles into the country from the Philippines.
National police spokesman Untung Yoga Ana said on Wednesday the men were rounded up this week in separate raids in the capital, Jakarta, and other cities on the main island of Java.
They are accused of smuggling firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the Philippines via the Malaysian town of Tawao.
Indonesia, the world`s most populous Muslim nation, has been battling terrorists since 2002 when al Qaeda-linked militants attacked two nightclubs on Bali island, killing 202 people, many of them foreign tourists.
Hundreds of suspects have been arrested and convicted since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan