Indonesia arrests 7 terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesia`s anti-terrorism squad has arrested seven suspects for allegedly smuggling assault rifles into the country from the Philippines.
National police spokesman Untung Yoga Ana said on Wednesday the men were rounded up this week in separate raids in the capital, Jakarta, and other cities on the main island of Java.
They are accused of smuggling firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from the Philippines via the Malaysian town of Tawao.
Indonesia, the world`s most populous Muslim nation, has been battling terrorists since 2002 when al Qaeda-linked militants attacked two nightclubs on Bali island, killing 202 people, many of them foreign tourists.
Hundreds of suspects have been arrested and convicted since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday