Indonesia backs Libyan transition
Jakarta: Indonesia said it supported Libya`s peaceful transition towards democracy following the downfall of Muammar al-Gaddafi.
"Indonesia supports the National Transitional Council in Libya in carrying out the peaceful transition towards democracy," Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa, said in a statement on Saturday.
Natalegawa said, the process of the democratic transition must reflect the wishes and aspirations of Libyans.
"In the end, a political process which grants Libyans the chance to decide their own future is the best solution in resolving the issues in Libya," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!