Indonesia backs Libyan transition
Jakarta: Indonesia said it supported Libya`s peaceful transition towards democracy following the downfall of Muammar al-Gaddafi.
"Indonesia supports the National Transitional Council in Libya in carrying out the peaceful transition towards democracy," Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa, said in a statement on Saturday.
Natalegawa said, the process of the democratic transition must reflect the wishes and aspirations of Libyans.
"In the end, a political process which grants Libyans the chance to decide their own future is the best solution in resolving the issues in Libya," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know