Indonesia backs Libyan transition
Jakarta: Indonesia said it supported Libya`s peaceful transition towards democracy following the downfall of Muammar al-Gaddafi.
"Indonesia supports the National Transitional Council in Libya in carrying out the peaceful transition towards democracy," Indonesian Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa, said in a statement on Saturday.
Natalegawa said, the process of the democratic transition must reflect the wishes and aspirations of Libyans.
"In the end, a political process which grants Libyans the chance to decide their own future is the best solution in resolving the issues in Libya," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!