Indonesia boosts security after bin Laden death
Denpasar: Indonesia is beefing
up security on the holiday island of Bali following the death
of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, an official said on Tuesday.
Indonesia, the world`s most populous Muslim-majority
nation, has been hit by multiple terror attacks including the
2002 Bali bombing which killed more than 200 people, mainly
Almost three years after the first Bali attack, three
suicide bombers detonated explosives at tourist restaurants on
the island, killing 20.
"Osama`s followers will not stay silent. They`re
certainly moving and Indonesia will become an easy target,
especially Bali because there are close links between Osama
bin Laden and the Bali bombings," Bali governor Made Mangku
Pastika told reporters.
"For tourists, as long as they are in Bali, we`re
responsible for their safety and comfort. We`ll surely provide
security for foreign tourists, not only Americans but
everyone," he added.
Indonesian national police spokesman Boy Rafli Amar
said police had been instructed to boost security nationwide
to avoid possible reprisals.
"Especially after Osama`s death... the police chief
has issued instructions to the security forces to work
together to prevent terror acts," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested