Indonesia hit by 5.5-magnitude quake, no Tsunami risk: USGS
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on Richter scale struck off the eastern part of Indonesia US Geological Survey said on Wednesday.
The quake that was centred 56 km under the sea, didn’t cause any damage so far.
There is no risk of Tsunami as per an Indonesian seismologist Fauzi.
Amelia Tagor, a resident of Tual, the town closest to the epicenter, said a brief tremor was felt, but no one panicked.
“We felt it for a few seconds ... but it did not disturb our activities,” she said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez