Indonesia hit by 5.5-magnitude quake, no Tsunami risk: USGS
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on Richter scale struck off the eastern part of Indonesia US Geological Survey said on Wednesday.
The quake that was centred 56 km under the sea, didn’t cause any damage so far.
There is no risk of Tsunami as per an Indonesian seismologist Fauzi.
Amelia Tagor, a resident of Tual, the town closest to the epicenter, said a brief tremor was felt, but no one panicked.
“We felt it for a few seconds ... but it did not disturb our activities,” she said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal