Indonesia hit by 5.5-magnitude quake, no Tsunami risk: USGS
Jakarta: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on Richter scale struck off the eastern part of Indonesia US Geological Survey said on Wednesday.
The quake that was centred 56 km under the sea, didn’t cause any damage so far.
There is no risk of Tsunami as per an Indonesian seismologist Fauzi.
Amelia Tagor, a resident of Tual, the town closest to the epicenter, said a brief tremor was felt, but no one panicked.
“We felt it for a few seconds ... but it did not disturb our activities,” she said.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy