Indonesia hit by 6.3 magnitude earthquake
Jakarta: A 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit eastern parts of Indonesia on Monday. No loss of life or damage has been reported, as per reports.
The epicenter of the earthquake was 139 kilometers (86 miles) southeast of Ambon, the provincial capital of Maluku, at a depth of 34 kilometers (21 miles).
Indonesia, the world`s largest archipelago nation, is prone to seismic upheaval due to its location on the Pacific "Ring of Fire," an arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader