Indonesia hit by 6.3 magnitude earthquake
Jakarta: A 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit eastern parts of Indonesia on Monday. No loss of life or damage has been reported, as per reports.
The epicenter of the earthquake was 139 kilometers (86 miles) southeast of Ambon, the provincial capital of Maluku, at a depth of 34 kilometers (21 miles).
Indonesia, the world`s largest archipelago nation, is prone to seismic upheaval due to its location on the Pacific "Ring of Fire," an arc of volcanoes and fault lines in the Pacific Basin.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India won't tolerate any insult to its Army - Must Read
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Venus clouds may reveal underlying secrets
- Bollywood actors vs MPs charity match: Baba Ramdev steals the show - See Pics
- Sensex zooms by over 292 points to recapture 28,000-mark; Nifty above 8,600-level