Indonesia hosts conference on n-test ban
Jakarta: A two-day conference on nuclear test ban for Southeast Asia and Pacific Far East regions commenced Monday in Indonesia, attracting 50 experts from 21 countries.
The conference, `Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) - Regional Conference for States in Southeast Asia, the Pacific and Far East`, is being attended by officials from the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs, UN Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament, and representatives from the European Union (EU), acording to Xinhua.
The event has been aimed at pushing forward the enforcement of the CTBT regime in those regions and boosting capacity building for countries willing to take the benefits from CTBT technologies for science and peace purposes, the Indonesian foreign ministry said in a statement.
The conference will also discuss the role of the CTBT regime in preserving peace and stability in the regions.
The conference was in line with Indonesia`s interests in promoting nuclear disarmament drive, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!