Indonesia suggests reshuffle of UN Security Council
Nusa Dua: Echoing the chorus
for "overhauling" of the UN Security Council, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has suggested the need to reshuffle the membership position in the Council "so that it
reflects the reality of the world Wednesday".
The President`s suggestion came in his opening speech
at the 16th Non Aligned Movement (NAM) Ministerial Conference
being held here today.]
"At the global level, NAM must sustain efforts of
reforming governance, not only in the economic field, but also
and especially in the security field. This means overhauling
the UN Security Council, so that it reflects the reality of
the world today, in which emerging powers have so much more to
contribute to global peace and security," said the President.
The President added that the UN and other
international organisations must adjust themselves with the
new world order and give the new emerging power countries a
chance to contribute to global security.
With the theme being "Shared Vision on the
Contribution of NAM in the Next 50 Years", the Bali meeting is
expected to formulate a future vision for the organisation in
order to remain relevant in facing global challenges.
Representatives from 128 NAM members, 13 countries
with observer status and 20 guest countries are participating
in the ministerial meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!