Indonesian minister tags miniskirts ‘pornographic’
Jakarta: Indonesia`s Religious Affairs Minister Suryadharma Ali has declared that miniskirts are pornographic and would be banned under the country`s tough new anti-porn laws.
Ali has been appointed to run Indonesia`s new anti-porn task force, announced by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono earlier this month.
The Jakarta Post quoted him as telling reporters in Jakarta yesterday that before deciding what they must ban as pornography, the task force would consult widely to come up with "a set of universal criteria", adding that "one [criteria] will be when someone wears a skirt above the knee”.
Once a standard of pornography was established, the task force would apply it nationwide across all ethnicities, the newspaper reported.
The President announced the anti-pornography task force earlier this month to try to remove it entirely from Indonesia.
Judging by a recent Google survey, Indonesians consume porn at least as enthusiastically as other people, despite a large majority of the population being Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city