Indonesian minister tags miniskirts ‘pornographic’
Jakarta: Indonesia`s Religious Affairs Minister Suryadharma Ali has declared that miniskirts are pornographic and would be banned under the country`s tough new anti-porn laws.
Ali has been appointed to run Indonesia`s new anti-porn task force, announced by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono earlier this month.
The Jakarta Post quoted him as telling reporters in Jakarta yesterday that before deciding what they must ban as pornography, the task force would consult widely to come up with "a set of universal criteria", adding that "one [criteria] will be when someone wears a skirt above the knee”.
Once a standard of pornography was established, the task force would apply it nationwide across all ethnicities, the newspaper reported.
The President announced the anti-pornography task force earlier this month to try to remove it entirely from Indonesia.
Judging by a recent Google survey, Indonesians consume porn at least as enthusiastically as other people, despite a large majority of the population being Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official