Indonesian minister tags miniskirts ‘pornographic’
Jakarta: Indonesia`s Religious Affairs Minister Suryadharma Ali has declared that miniskirts are pornographic and would be banned under the country`s tough new anti-porn laws.
Ali has been appointed to run Indonesia`s new anti-porn task force, announced by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono earlier this month.
The Jakarta Post quoted him as telling reporters in Jakarta yesterday that before deciding what they must ban as pornography, the task force would consult widely to come up with "a set of universal criteria", adding that "one [criteria] will be when someone wears a skirt above the knee”.
Once a standard of pornography was established, the task force would apply it nationwide across all ethnicities, the newspaper reported.
The President announced the anti-pornography task force earlier this month to try to remove it entirely from Indonesia.
Judging by a recent Google survey, Indonesians consume porn at least as enthusiastically as other people, despite a large majority of the population being Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha