Indonesian minister tags miniskirts ‘pornographic’
Jakarta: Indonesia`s Religious Affairs Minister Suryadharma Ali has declared that miniskirts are pornographic and would be banned under the country`s tough new anti-porn laws.
Ali has been appointed to run Indonesia`s new anti-porn task force, announced by President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono earlier this month.
The Jakarta Post quoted him as telling reporters in Jakarta yesterday that before deciding what they must ban as pornography, the task force would consult widely to come up with "a set of universal criteria", adding that "one [criteria] will be when someone wears a skirt above the knee”.
Once a standard of pornography was established, the task force would apply it nationwide across all ethnicities, the newspaper reported.
The President announced the anti-pornography task force earlier this month to try to remove it entirely from Indonesia.
Judging by a recent Google survey, Indonesians consume porn at least as enthusiastically as other people, despite a large majority of the population being Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about