Indonesian murders family, sleeps among bodies: Police
Jakarta: An Indonesian man slit the throats of his wife and three children then slept alongside their lifeless bodies before turning himself in, police said on Friday.
Hasan Fadli, 41, went on the bloody rampage on the Indonesian part of Borneo island after getting into a row with his wife about whether the family could afford to pay for their son`s circumcision.
He used a spear-like device designed to harvest fruit from oil palms to kill his wife, 31, and children -- a 12-year-old boy, a four-year-old girl and a two-year-old boy, police said.
"He slept in the same bed as the bodies," said local police spokesman Hadi Pambudi.
In the morning, he "reported his crime to the security guard of the palm oil company where he worked", said the spokesman. He was living with his family in a housing compound run by the company.
Fadli is in police custody and is yet to be charged, said Pambudi. He could face the death penalty, said the spokesman.
Fadli claimed that he heard voices before launching the attack on Monday, police said, adding that doctors are assessing the state of his mental health.
The killings took place in a remote part of Central Kalimantan, a vast province -- around five times the size of Belgium -- which is sparsely populated and covered in dense rain forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days