Indonesian police arrest 3 more terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesian police have arrested three Islamist militants wanted for allegedly plotting suicide attacks.
National police spokesman Maj Gen Anton Bachrul Alam says Heru Komarudin was arrested without a fight early Saturday in the capital, Jakarta.
The 31-year-old was one of five men wanted for allegedly plotting an April suicide bombing that injured 30 police officers in a mosque in the West Java town of Cirebon. Two of the five are still at large.
Alam says that two other men suspected of having links to Komarudin were arrested hours later in Bekasi, on the outskirts of Jakarta.
Alam says the two are suspected of helping to plot a suicide bombing in a church in the Central Java town of Solo in September that injured 22 worshippers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years