Indonesian police arrest 3 more terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesian police have arrested three Islamist militants wanted for allegedly plotting suicide attacks.
National police spokesman Maj Gen Anton Bachrul Alam says Heru Komarudin was arrested without a fight early Saturday in the capital, Jakarta.
The 31-year-old was one of five men wanted for allegedly plotting an April suicide bombing that injured 30 police officers in a mosque in the West Java town of Cirebon. Two of the five are still at large.
Alam says that two other men suspected of having links to Komarudin were arrested hours later in Bekasi, on the outskirts of Jakarta.
Alam says the two are suspected of helping to plot a suicide bombing in a church in the Central Java town of Solo in September that injured 22 worshippers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!