Indonesian police shoot dead two terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesian police shot dead two terror suspects during an early morning raid on Friday on a property in the outskirts of Jakarta.
A Jakarta Post report said that a raid was conducted on a house in South Tangerang, 38 kilometres west of downtown Jakarta.
The paper further quoted the police as saying that the suspects had been trailed for three days.
News.com.au quoted Indonesia’s police spokesman Saud Usman Nasution as saying that two of the four terrorists under their radar were shot dead while trying to escape.
He said anti-terror police have confiscated a revolver, explosive materials, several books about jihad and documents outlining a bank robbery at the property.
A manhunt for the two other suspects is on, the Jakarta Post reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!