Indonesian police shoot dead two terror suspects
Jakarta: Indonesian police shot dead two terror suspects during an early morning raid on Friday on a property in the outskirts of Jakarta.
A Jakarta Post report said that a raid was conducted on a house in South Tangerang, 38 kilometres west of downtown Jakarta.
The paper further quoted the police as saying that the suspects had been trailed for three days.
News.com.au quoted Indonesia’s police spokesman Saud Usman Nasution as saying that two of the four terrorists under their radar were shot dead while trying to escape.
He said anti-terror police have confiscated a revolver, explosive materials, several books about jihad and documents outlining a bank robbery at the property.
A manhunt for the two other suspects is on, the Jakarta Post reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says