Indonesian women gang raped and faces caning, end of humanity !
Banda Aceh: An official says an Indonesian woman who was gang raped by men who accused her of having extramarital sex now faces possible public caning for violating Islamic law.
The 25-year-old widow said she was raped by eight men who allegedly found her having sex with a married man in her house. The men reportedly beat the man, doused the two with sewage, and then turned them over to Islamic police in conservative Aceh province.
The head of Islamic Shariah law in the district, Ibrahim Latief, today said that the two face nine strokes of a cane for violating religious law, pending an investigation. He said police have arrested three of the eight men and are hunting for the others. He said they face up to 15 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday