Induction of Palanivel in cabinet good for community: Vellu
Kuala Lumpur: The chief of Malaysia`s
largest ethnic Indian political party has said that the
induction of his deputy G Palanivel in premier Najib Razak`s
cabinet is a golden opportunity to help the community.
Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) President Samy Vellu`s
deputy Palanivel has been appointed as the Deputy Plantation
Industries and Commodities Minister.
Palanivel became a part of Razak`s cabinet last week
in a reshuffle of ministers.
Vellu, who has headed MIC for over three decades, said
this was important for the community as the majority of it
lived and worked in rubber and palm oil plantations.
"I am confident that he will do the best to ensure the
welfare of the Indian community is looked after, especially in
the estates," he said.
Vellu expressed his gratitude to Prime Minister Najib
for the appointment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police