Inflatable shark barred from Strauss-Kahn home
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn got an unusual visitor at his place of luxury house arrest in New York on Friday: an inflatable shark.
The toothy blue fish inflated to about the size of a small person came with a string of helium balloons brought by an unidentified man.
The man tried to give them to a security official at the door of Strauss-Kahn`s abode, but despite the mat reading "Welcome" outside, he was turned away. The balloons were the colours of the French and American flags -- red, white and blue.
The man with the shark was not the only member of the public curious to get closer to the former head of the International Monetary Fund. A group of Orthodox Jews dressed in black peered in at the door.
Strauss-Kahn is accused of a brutal sex assault against a hotel maid on May 14. He lives under strict house arrest in a USD 14 million house in Manhattan`s trendy TriBeCa neighbourhood and is awaiting a court appearance on June 06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources