Inflatable shark barred from Strauss-Kahn home
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn got an unusual visitor at his place of luxury house arrest in New York on Friday: an inflatable shark.
The toothy blue fish inflated to about the size of a small person came with a string of helium balloons brought by an unidentified man.
The man tried to give them to a security official at the door of Strauss-Kahn`s abode, but despite the mat reading "Welcome" outside, he was turned away. The balloons were the colours of the French and American flags -- red, white and blue.
The man with the shark was not the only member of the public curious to get closer to the former head of the International Monetary Fund. A group of Orthodox Jews dressed in black peered in at the door.
Strauss-Kahn is accused of a brutal sex assault against a hotel maid on May 14. He lives under strict house arrest in a USD 14 million house in Manhattan`s trendy TriBeCa neighbourhood and is awaiting a court appearance on June 06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred