Inflatable shark barred from Strauss-Kahn home
New York: Dominique Strauss-Kahn got an unusual visitor at his place of luxury house arrest in New York on Friday: an inflatable shark.
The toothy blue fish inflated to about the size of a small person came with a string of helium balloons brought by an unidentified man.
The man tried to give them to a security official at the door of Strauss-Kahn`s abode, but despite the mat reading "Welcome" outside, he was turned away. The balloons were the colours of the French and American flags -- red, white and blue.
The man with the shark was not the only member of the public curious to get closer to the former head of the International Monetary Fund. A group of Orthodox Jews dressed in black peered in at the door.
Strauss-Kahn is accused of a brutal sex assault against a hotel maid on May 14. He lives under strict house arrest in a USD 14 million house in Manhattan`s trendy TriBeCa neighbourhood and is awaiting a court appearance on June 06.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh