Informal North Korea-US meeting in Germany
Berlin: A think tank says North Korean and American delegations have held informal talks in Germany, talks that come amid tensions over Pyongyang`s plans for a long-range rocket launch.
Charles King Mallory, the executive director of the Aspen Institute think tank in Berlin, said on Sunday that the informal so-called "track 2" dialogue took place over the weekend.
He wouldn`t comment on the contents of the talks or who participated in them.
The Aspen Institute last year hosted a North Korean-US meeting in Germany that featured former American officials and had no official US involvement.
North Korea says it plans to fire an observation satellite into orbit. The US says that is a cover to test long-range missile technology and violates UN Security Council resolutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley