Informal North Korea-US meeting in Germany
Berlin: A think tank says North Korean and American delegations have held informal talks in Germany, talks that come amid tensions over Pyongyang`s plans for a long-range rocket launch.
Charles King Mallory, the executive director of the Aspen Institute think tank in Berlin, said on Sunday that the informal so-called "track 2" dialogue took place over the weekend.
He wouldn`t comment on the contents of the talks or who participated in them.
The Aspen Institute last year hosted a North Korean-US meeting in Germany that featured former American officials and had no official US involvement.
North Korea says it plans to fire an observation satellite into orbit. The US says that is a cover to test long-range missile technology and violates UN Security Council resolutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars