Injured Indian worker to undergo surgery in Singapore
Singapore: An Indian national, who was among 89 workers injured in a rig accident at a Singapore shipyard, will have to undergo minor surgery to align the fractured ankle bone.
Kola Kani`s both ankles were still swollen and the doctor has informed that there was a need to perform minor surgery, said Sembcorp Marine, the yard operator where the rig tilted in an accident on Monday, forcing the workers to jump into the sea.
"The surgery is tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday and can be earlier if the swelling subsides," said Sembcorp Marine in a statement.
Meanwhile, the patient is undergoing phsiotheraphy and treatment to reduce the swelling and to aid in faster recovery later, it said.
Another yard worker, Mohd Tuheri from Bangladesh, was also likely to undergo minor surgery on his right ankle which was still swollen, it said.
Both the patients are at the National University Hospital, while the 87 have been discharged.
Sembcorp has not released the nationalities of the other workers injured in the accident.
The yard said it took 20 minutes to evacuate the workers to safety from the tilted rig.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow